10 Training Resources You Can’t Miss in Our Virtual Training Leader’s Summer Kit
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
Whether you’re the head of training and education, a chief learning officer or even a new training manager, you know just how important and valuable innovative training programs are for your company. The challenge? Ensuring your programs are keeping up with your company’s growth, competition and customers, especially during the dog days of summer.
While summer might seem like it’s finally time to sit back, relax and ride that wave instead of tackling your training strategies, it’s actually the perfect time to get ahead and leave your competition in the dust — or, ahem, beach sand.
Luckily, you’re in the learning and training industry, meaning you have tons of resources, communities, podcasts and technology solutions to help you better meet learner expectations. Since it can be challenging to know where to start, we’ve compiled the top 10 training resources you should reference this summer. After all, listicles are great beach reads.
So, your summer training mission, should you choose to accept it? Make (training program) waves by following, reading and listening to.
Our List of 10 Virtual Training Resources, Communities, Podcasts and Technology Solutions
- Training Industry — From tips on training the modern learner to a blueprint for a successful and profitable training program, Training Industry is one of our go-to publications for all things training. Don’t forget to check out some of our recent articles and webinars featured in the outlet.
- eLearning Industry — eLearning Industry boasts itself as the largest online community of professionals involved in the e-learning field, and they’re acing it. They have a plethora of articles to help you advance your career — or to even help choose the right solution for your needs. In fact, Annie Reiss, vice president of marketing, recently wrote in the publication about how to empower “the challenger” in complex software.
- Shannon Tipton — Shannon (aka “Chief Learning Rebel”) has more than 15 years of corporate training experience and helps organizations turn passive students into active learners. Her book, “Disruptive Learning: Discover your inner learning rebel,” is on our summer reading list.
- Craig Weiss — With involvement in the e-learning industry since the ‘90s, it’s probably not shocking we’ve nicknamed Craig the “Godfather of E-learning.” Craig’s the CEO and lead analyst of The Craig Weiss Group, and his blog has great tips and tricks for training leaders in all industries. Be sure to also follow him on Twitter for quick training insights.
- The eLearning Coach podcast — Connie Malamed, host of the eLearning Coach podcast and a learning experience design consultant, offers actionable strategies and thoughtful advice by interviewing some of the top industry learning executives to help listeners develop and understand learning and instructional design. Her podcast is a great listen for those who are on-the-go this summer and want to enhance their training programs.
- The GoodPractice podcast — Since 2016, Ross Garner, host of The GoodPractice podcast and instructional design manager, has given listeners critical insights on the impact technology brings to leadership and development communities. Our current favorite episode? The past, present and future of learning.
- Elliott Masie — As the founder and CEO of MASIE Center (a learning lab for the training industry and home for the Learning CONSORTIUM activities), let’s just say Elliott Masie knows a thing or two about the training industry. If joining the MASIE Center isn’t in your budget this year, head over to his resources section. It has lots of information training managers need to provide a better experience for learners.
- Chief Learning Officer — Whether you’re interested in becoming a better leader or finding the best strategies for your training programs, Chief Learning Officer is a top resource for training leaders and chief learning officers. Want to make your training programs more innovative with technology? Our CEO Zvi Guterman has you covered.
- Dilyana Hadjeva — When it comes to keeping your customers engaged and happy with your product, industry veteran Dilyana Hadjeva, head of marketing at LearnDot, has you covered. Her book, “Break Away,” (a fan favorite at CloudShare) gives leaders a clear roadmap to design and execute a customer education strategy.
- CloudShare’s Virtual Training Snack Pack — We couldn’t leave this tasty summer treat out! From effective training strategies to tips on making your lessons stick, our Virtual Training Snack Pack is a collection of curated, delicious content created to satisfy every training leader’s need.
We’re constantly keeping an eye out for the latest training industry trend or community to follow. Do you have a go-to podcast you listen to each week or a learning publication/blog you check in on each morning? We want to know! Give us a shout on Twitter at @CloudShare.
What you should do next…
1. Subscribe to our newsletter:
2. Learn how virtual labs can grow your business:
To learn more about how CloudShare helps software organizations grow revenue, increase efficiency and improve quality, visit our resources page. You’ll be able to browser dozens of valuable white papers, eBooks, webinars, case studies, and brochures.
3. Get a FREE, no obligation demo:
Discover just how easy it is to create your cloud environment—in minutes! One of our friendly virtual labs experts will be happy to:
- Show you the platform in action
- Calculate pricing for your business
- Set you up with a 14-day free trial
- Answer any questions you have
- No pressure or obligation