5 Reasons Why Virtual Training Software Is So Successful
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
It would’ve sounded like a sci-fi fantasy only a few decades ago. Businesses and schools using highly interactive virtual environments to teach students and employees real-world workplace skills seemed like a superfluous concept since the traditional brick and mortar classroom was the default mode of education for centuries.
Fast forward to today, and 86% of all organizations now have online virtual training as a staple of office work. That figure is not surprising either, considering nearly a quarter of employees quit their jobs because of a lack of training opportunities. The resulting wasted talent, recruitment resources, and productivity mean that companies are looking for better ways to train their staff.
But what caused such a tremendous rise in the adoption of virtual training labs?
Here are our 5 reasons to use virtual training software:
In the same way that shopping online removes the need to drive your car to the store, hosting a training session online eliminates travel expenses, as users can interact with the classroom purely through the Internet.
Instead of spending money setting up a physical classroom and planning out schedules to accommodate the class, anybody can join from anywhere as long as there’s an Internet connection.
You can save on time just as much as money too. Since learners can log in to a class quickly, eLearning enables instructors to break the content into smaller, digestible chunks, resulting in less time out of the workday to undergo training. On average, virtual it labs are only an hour in length.
As mentioned, online learning means no geographical barriers. Businesses can offer their courses globally when travel is not a consideration. Someone in Australia can take a class held in Canada without planning out a business trip.
That’s why businesses on a budget are so interested in virtual training software. Instructors can craft live, interactive classes that employees can experience from anywhere. Approximately 85% of organizations already use online learning to reach global workforces and save on travel costs.
You might think that holding a class virtually rather than in-person would compromise on the quality of the education. However, some considerable benefits of virtual training environment software include:
- A multimedia-based approach to learning. The Internet has never been just about text; you see pictures, movies, and even interactive applets online all the time. Similarly, the virtual chalkboards, tutorial videos, graphics, and interactive modules of modern virtual training environment software make employee training enjoyable, comprehensive, and effective. Many companies even report up to a 60% knowledge retention rate compared to only 10% for traditional classrooms.
- The ability to record and revisit previous content so that employees won’t have to worry too much about meticulous notes to capture everything in one session. This benefit results in 50% less employee time spent on the course for the same amount of material than that of traditional classroom settings.
- Easy integration into the workday. Online classes are often held right at work, meaning employees can apply the skills they learn to the workplace directly. You can also tailor the lessons to your teams’ specific needs and purposes.
Many detractors of virtual training who point out the lack of personal interactions among participants don’t notice that collaboration is just as prevalent online as it is in person.
Employees can still ask questions during the lesson through VoIP or text chat, and teaching assistants can queue and answer them separately so that they don’t interrupt the flow of the lesson.
Learners also enjoy immediate feedback to classwork and tests, as well as one-on-one conversations with instructors regarding confusing topics.
5. Integration with other learning methods
Interested in the benefits of online virtual training but not sure whether you want to give up physical classrooms yet? You always have the option of both.
In-person sessions incorporated with virtual labs?
Either way, you don’t want to miss out and have your competition leave you in the dust. The virtual training market is projected to climb to a 325 billion dollar value by 2025, as more and more businesses understand how online training is the future of employee education.
Integrate Online Virtual Training Into Your Organization
Integrating your own virtual training software isn’t hard when you have access to the right platform. Cloudshare offers a streamlined online learning experience that is easy for your IT department to configure and deploy.
Whether you’re looking to train your own employees, partners, or clients, our platform simplifies the process and keeps your organization in control of the environments you create, costs, and more.
Interested in creating your own virtual training software? See why Cloudshare is a good fit for your company.
What you should do next…
1. Subscribe to our newsletter:
2. Learn how virtual labs can grow your business:
To learn more about how CloudShare helps software organizations grow revenue, increase efficiency and improve quality, visit our resources page. You’ll be able to browser dozens of valuable white papers, eBooks, webinars, case studies, and brochures.
3. Get a FREE, no obligation demo:
Discover just how easy it is to create your cloud environment—in minutes! One of our friendly virtual labs experts will be happy to:
- Show you the platform in action
- Calculate pricing for your business
- Set you up with a 14-day free trial
- Answer any questions you have
- No pressure or obligation