4 Sales Demo Tips That All Enterprises Should Be Using in 2020
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
Sales. It’s that one area that can make or break even the best products and services. Sales demos are a useful tool that many software companies rely on to showcase what their product can do.
Today, the sales process is driven by customer experiences. The outdated traditional sales demonstration isn’t as effective as it used to be. And with so many SaaS companies offering free plans to try software, there’s no excuse anymore.
Companies need to change their business models and technology to adapt to the needs of their customers—because their customers expect interactive demos that appeal to them.
But how do you identify what those customers’ needs are during your product demos? We’ve created this list of actional software sales demo tips to help you get more out of the sales process.
4 Sales Demo Tips for Enterprises
1. Start Big and Deep Dive Into the Specifics
Too many product demos focus on specific features. Yes, your prospects are interested in those features. Yes, those features may help them solve a specific problem.
But guess what? You need to start with the larger picture. Make it clear what big problem exists in the industry and show how your company is capable of solving that problem. This approach will demonstrate your expertise, build trust, and reduce any anxiety your prospect is feeling.
Once you show a prospect that you understand the industry, the overall challenges they face, and any other nuances that are important—you can transition to explaining specific features.
You may even find that a prospect divulges some of their key problems to you as you explain the industry. This is a great way to showcase your software’s unique selling proposition and to demonstrate that you understand the struggles your prospect is facing, which will ultimately lead to a more successful demo as well as potential closing.
2. Create Personalized and Interactive Sales Demo Environments
Key decision-makers get pitched by sales teams all the time. And by now, they’ve heard every promise in the book. Whether it’s competing on price, features, or something else—you need a way to stand out.
Personalization is taking over every industry. From eCommerce to software demos, everyone expects a custom-tailored experience today.
Personalized and interactive sales demo environments are a great way to stand out from the competition. It’s also one of the biggest advantages that CloudShare offers, and it’s something that our clients love.
An interactive demo allows you to make that sales demo a personalized and memorable experience. Here are a few reasons why this is important:
- Create customized environments for prospects. Your clients have seen pre-recorded videos, feature overviews, and generic sales pitches time and time again. A custom environment not only shows a prospect that you understand their business, but it allows them to test the software on their terms. This subtle difference allows your demo to stand out, is a great way to nurture a lead, and provides your sales teams with valuable insight as well.
- Put your prospects in control. Customers that are in control are far more likely to take risks. According to Hubspot, putting the customer in control can improve conversion rates because it makes the customer feel like their buying decision is self-directed. This is a valuable feeling to create, especially when prospects expect a sales demo to provide little value.
- Establish an active tone for your sales demo. Most prospects tune out during product demos. After all, they’ve likely sat through many others. Engaging your prospects with an interactive demo that lets them actually test your software using real-world environments and test scenarios shifts a sales pitch from a “lean-back to a lean-forward interactive experience.
Interactivity is the core of what makes CloudShare such an effective tool for creating sales demo environments. Our software allows you to create customized sales environments that cater to the exact problems your prospects face.
3. Focus on Value Over Price
The biggest mistake you can make is focusing on price. Putting too much emphasis on the price will derail your sales demos.
Why is that exactly? Price is subjective when it lacks context. A specific number does very little to show the value your software provides. Instead, it makes a prospect anxious as they start thinking about costs.
A better approach is to focus on the value your product creates. If a potential client is suffering from a specific problem that is increasing their costs, try showing how your software can eliminate that hurdle for them.
By creating value, a prospect will see why your software is useful—because they’ll see that it solves actual problems they are experiencing. Anything they can use to improve productivity, as well as eliminate pain points and friction they are experiencing, is seen as a win in their eyes and a solution that’s worth investing in.
4. Listen to and Engage Your Prospects With Questions
Your product demos shouldn’t be a dry explanation of everything your software does. Every industry has countless solutions available. Instead, you need to identify what things your prospect is looking for.
And this means being attentive to what kind of language your client speaks. Look at past emails, conversations, and any dialogue you’ve had with a prospect. Do you notice them using industry terms, jargon, or anything that seems important within their company or industry?
Leverage these terms and acronyms to build familiarity. However, don’t overdo it. Prospects can see when you are forcing industry terms into the discussion.
Another proven sales strategy is to leverage the power of questions. If a client asks you a question, try responding with a follow-up question that allows you to probe for the answer they want to hear.
Direct answers can fall flat because they’ve likely heard the same answers in other sales pitches. But a question-based response will encourage the prospect to reveal important information. They may reveal what kind of functionality they are looking for in a platform, a bad past experience they had with another solution, or something else.
Use this information to steer the sales demo and to ensure that you are highlighting the benefits that they want to hear.
Enhance Your Sales Demos With CloudShare
Are you looking to improve your remote sales demos? We’ve provided you with several software sales demo tips that you can use to get more out of the sales process.
Remember, you must show a prospect that you understand their needs, focus on providing value, and leverage the power of virtual sales demos.
Need help creating interactive sales demos for your company? CloudShare is the ideal solution for software companies that want to enhance their product demos, validate virtual POCs, and provide training to customers anywhere in the world.
See the difference interactive sales demos can make. Get in touch with a member of the CloudShare team.
What you should do next…
1. Subscribe to our newsletter:
2. Learn how virtual labs can grow your business:
To learn more about how CloudShare helps software organizations grow revenue, increase efficiency and improve quality, visit our resources page. You’ll be able to browser dozens of valuable white papers, eBooks, webinars, case studies, and brochures.
3. Get a FREE, no obligation demo:
Discover just how easy it is to create your cloud environment—in minutes! One of our friendly virtual labs experts will be happy to:
- Show you the platform in action
- Calculate pricing for your business
- Set you up with a 14-day free trial
- Answer any questions you have
- No pressure or obligation