Build, Test, Repeat!
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
Building test environments should be easy — not just simple if it’s a simple configuration, or simple for experienced IT. When on-premise infrastructure, legacy code, and new projects are involved, building and testing becomes complicated. Thankfully, CloudShare and its users have been solving these problems for a long time.
Each week, CloudShare’s solutions team and inquisitive users discuss their solutions in a weekly webinar. Together, we cover topics like synching on-premise networks and the cloud, simple methods for (moving closer to) continuous integration, and more.
Some Common Questions:
- Can I work in secure offline setting with a CloudShare environment?
- Can I connect to an on-premise network and it’s directories?
- We want to move to nightly builds, how can you help?
- How can my work be moved to a production environment?
Read below to learn about this week’s topic: “hybrid clouds”.
“Hybrid Clouds” in the Wild
The vogue term for features that bridge the gap between on-premise and public cloud is “hybrid cloud“. To CloudShare users, this is old news: whether it means setting up a point-to-point VPN to “Bring the Power of CloudShare to Your Network”, or automating dev/test cycles so that testing extends from on-premise build servers into the cloud, CloudShare users have been building “hybrid clouds” for a while.
In this week’s webinar, we discussed another, more basic “hybrid” scenario: importing and exporting environments to CloudShare.
This Simple but Powerful Feature Allows More than just File Sharing:
As users in the webinar pointed out, this allows for very large files — entire production-ready environments — to be built in CloudShare and shipped on-premise or to another cloud. In short this means:
- Exporting and then migrating to production.
- Working offline in areas where cloud services are not permitted
- Importing a full local lab for extended work in the cloud
- Sharing an entire lab and it’s builds with remote team members
Join us each week – Register Here! – as we discuss more ways the community has found to leverage CloudShare!
What you should do next…
1. Subscribe to our newsletter:
2. Learn how virtual labs can grow your business:
To learn more about how CloudShare helps software organizations grow revenue, increase efficiency and improve quality, visit our resources page. You’ll be able to browser dozens of valuable white papers, eBooks, webinars, case studies, and brochures.
3. Get a FREE, no obligation demo:
Discover just how easy it is to create your cloud environment—in minutes! One of our friendly virtual labs experts will be happy to:
- Show you the platform in action
- Calculate pricing for your business
- Set you up with a 14-day free trial
- Answer any questions you have
- No pressure or obligation